I get asked often what drives me and why I (try) to take on as much as I can. In thinking about it, it comes to the fact that I am curious. I truly believe that you have to get outside your comfort zone and learn to be comfortable with that. It is easy to get into a routine and feel content with where you are, and this okay, but I believe you should at least be in tune to what is happening around you. There are a number of articles out there on this so I decided to create my top 10 list to condense some simple things you can do to grow, learn and be curious.
1) Read Daily:
- Even just 5 minutes a day, know what is going on in your markets, and the world.
- Some great newsletters that are sent to you everyday and are 4 minutes or less are The Morning Brew, The Hustle, and Fiminize.
- Always be growing your network, you never know who you will meet and what they can do for you either personally or professionally.
3) Weed out Negativity
- Life is too short to be surrounded by negativity, strive to surround yourself with positivity. Surround yourself with people who will help you grow, inspire, challenge you to be the best version of you.
4) Exercise physically
- This is the best form of stress relief and will take your mind off the million to-do list you have to do, take 15-30 minutes daily, whether its yoga, running, or weights, find time to make your body happy.
5) Talk with strangers
- You never know who you might meet, and how you or they will affect each others lives.
6) Go out and be social
- Part of balancing life as is to enjoy time with friends and live a little. Nothing will re-energize you like a good meal and conversation with friends and colleagues.
7) Learn from everyone
- Everyone in your network brings something new to the table, be curious, find something that you can learn from everyone you meet and talk to.
8) Forget the idea of perfection
- No one or thing is perfect, know your strengths and weaknesses and always work to improve, and know that sometimes mistakes will be made. Handle them with poise and learn from them.
9) Live your Personal Brand
- Incorporate your brand values in your everyday life.
10) Never Stop Learning
- Whether a new skill, technology, game, or method; always be a student of the game. Continuing to learn will always help you gain perspective and grow.